Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Morning

The long day may have been worth it: I woke at the usual 0500 this morning and faffed around for an hour (the upstairs(!) tv(!) doesn't work) before essaying my morning constitutional. It was dark. Lake Lodge has a lake:



Eventually the paved path becomes a track through trees:




I found a sign:




Faced with the task of taking a photo in the dark, the iPhone does its best to emulate a flashy thing from MiB. I decided to stop torturing it.
Not far from that I found the boundary fence and a busy road. On the way back I wondered what trees I was walking under (I wish Lynn were here), spotted wildlife: grey squirrels, and what could be the Lake Lawn Monster sporting on the lake



Sadly, better light revealed not only waterfowl, but fishermen. Several boats-full. At 0700. What are they after?



Also large flocks of starling-equivalents grackling in the trees, then swirling across the sky


It's as well I started with the lakeside path, as the other option isn't



Now back to my room to scrub my hands. I bought what may have been the last orange at the deli, and the oil from the skin dissolved the black plastic disposable knife as I peeled it. I'm saving half to wars off scurvy later in the week, but it and I are smeared with black gunge.

-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Ann said...

Glad you made it! I'll see you tomorrow!

Lynn said...

I wish I were there, too, if only to see you and all my other fiber friends.